RE: Tracing an ORA-01410 error

From: Schauss, R. Peter (IT) <"Schauss,>
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2009 08:04:18 -0600

Josh,

This is a data warehouse application which I inherited. They run an ETL every hour and the ETL takes about 70 minutes (don't ask). Then they run reports while the ETL is running. Some of the reports are failing intermittently with ORA-01410. I need something to prove conclusively that the problem either is or is not related to the fact that the ETL is truncating tables and dropping and recreating indexes.

Interestingly, the errors only occur when the report is scheduled automatically. When it is manually immediately after a failure we don't get the error.

Thanks,
Peter Schauss