Re: Security Question

From: Connor McDonald <mcdonald.connor_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2009 22:33:42 +0900

On Fri, Feb 6, 2009 at 6:22 PM, Pete Finnigan <pete_at_petefinnigan.com> wrote:

> Hi Christopher,
>
> Thanks for your email. Yes you are right of course. I actually didnt
> mean to suggest that block dumps were possible with alter session but
> added the word block because of brain fade.
> Alex also picked up the same issue.
>
> I have edited the post and replied to Alex's comment. The post is
> http://www.petefinnigan.com/weblog/archives/00001232.htm#comments
>
> Thanks for keeping me honest
>
> kind regards
>
> Pete

Either way...when you see what's possible in oraus.msg with "alter session set events" its not the kind of privilege you want to be handing out on a whim... If possible, wrap the desired command up in a controlled proc and give access to that.

--
Connor McDonald

"Semper in excremento, sole profundum qui variat"