Large block sizes for OLAP database

From: <stmontgo_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2009 19:36:46 +0000

Good day,
We're jumping into the wonderfull world of Oracle Business Intelligence with HR Analytics.

It looks like we'll be creating an OLAP type of database where Oracle recommends
large block sizes. The database will also contain some metadata for the Informatica Configuration
and HR Analytics portion.

If I'm looking at larger block sizes and am wondering if I should be creating the database with
a large block size or should I be looking at creating tablespaces with larger block sizes
and leaving the db with a standard 8k size.

Does anyone have an opion either way?

Thanks

Steve

Our config will look like this