_db_writer_verify_writes hidden parameter & db_block_checksum

From: <rama.ari_at_accenture.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 10:28:34 -0500

Gurus

We have block corruption in Oracle RAC ASM environment. We are evaluating to setup oracle parameters to debug/prevent block corruption when it happens next time. Did any one used _db_writer_verify_writes parameter? I was in impression that it helps to direct the DBWR to re-read every block after it writes it out to make sure the write operation did happen as planned. I didn't find much information in Metalink.

We are also evaluating setting up DB_BLOCK_CHECKSUM parameter. I would really appreciate if you had any lesions learned with these parameters (like performance degradation, etc)

Thanks,
Rama Ari | Accenture
Technology Consulting
* Mobile: +1 (610) 203-0661