linux 11g client to solaris 10/11g server

From: Ray Stell <stellr_at_cns.vt.edu>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 09:11:38 -0500

Does anyone here have a linux 11g client and a solaris 10 11g server set up?

I'm getting some weird connectivity issues between these and would like to confirm it isn't just me and my solaris 10 patch level or something other unknown.

tnsping and sqlplus hang. tcpdump shows that there is no push of data from the server after the initial SYN/SYN ACK. Don't think it is the firewall, since the handshake takes place, but I'm not the solaris sysadmin, so I can't be 100% on that.

Thanks.