Re: How are SQL Profiles calculated?

From: Greg Rahn <>
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2009 09:56:37 -0800

On Thu, Jan 8, 2009 at 9:38 AM, Charles Schultz <> wrote:
> Yes, that explains a lot, thank you very much!
> It is exciting how 11g takes this concept ("cardinality feedback", thanks
> Wolfgang!) even further.

SQL Profiles are available in 10g, so it is not a new 11g feature.

I believe Wolfgang was inspired by the slides I put together for this presentation:
Oracle OpenWorld 2005: A Practical Approach to Optimizer Statistics in Oracle Database 10g which was based on some field work I had done at a few customer sites.

Greg Rahn