Automatic Stats gathering in 10

From: Fuad Arshad <fuadar_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2009 12:40:01 -0800 (PST)

List,
I'm trying to pin down why oracle is not automatically gatherign statisticso n some of my tables. The problem that i'm seeing goes like this

there are about 1000+ tables partitioned and non partitioned.

automatic stats gathering job is enabled with mostly default values. Job has been running every day in weeknight & weekend maintainence windows . everything looks good. It does gather stats on some tables but not all of the potiential 10% stale category tables. The job completes successfully in about 30-40 minutes so it is within the 8 hour window. The tables that are not being analyzed do not have their statistics locked.

example Table was analyzed in aug and the sample size was 15 millions rows . now all_tab_modification shows 37099459 inserts and 9132018 updates which should be considered a candidate for stats gathering. dba_tab_statistics for this particular table shows that stattype_locked is null and stale_stats=YES

Just trying to see whati should be looking for . This is a non RAC instance .