RE: Backup script runs on AIX but not on Linux

From: Roberts, David (GSD - UK) <"Roberts,>
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2009 00:08:50 +0000

It's unlikely, but I'd check that there isn't a hidden character in the shell script name, which would be a possibility!

ls -alrt ""

to see if the file exists as typed!

Then, after the #!/bin/ksh in the (Which I assume is what is on the first line in the script file) add a:

set -x

I suspect that there is some command from within the script that is generating the error, rather than an inability of the shell processor from actually locating the shell script!

From: on behalf of J. Dex Sent: Mon 05/01/2009 23:45
Subject: Backup script runs on AIX but not on Linux

I've got a backup script that runs fine on AIX. I copied it over to Linux, but it doesn't work and I get the following when trying to execute it which looks like something related to the shell:

oracle:/u01/app/tools> ./ sidname ksh: ./ No such file or directory

I have already:
Checked to make sure there are rwx permissions on the file Made sure that /ksh is in the /bin/ksh directory as specified by the file Checked to make sure that /bin/ksh is listed for Oracle in /etc/passwd

Any ideas?

Send e-mail anywhere. No map, no compass. Get your Hotmail® account now. <>

Please help Logica to respect the environment by not printing this email / Merci d'aider Logica à préserver l'environnement en évitant d'imprimer ce mail / Bitte drucken Sie diese Nachricht nicht aus und helfen Sie so Logica dabei die Umwelt zu schuetzen / Por favor ajude a Logica a respeitar o ambiente não imprimindo este correio electrónico.