RE: OS Question

From: Mark W. Farnham <mwf_at_rsiz.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2009 14:14:50 -0500

An important feature of note for having at least one of your little servers as at least network support level (that's the one that was $99USD a year when initially released and now is $119USD with inflation to date as of the last time I renewed it) is the "up2date" feature, which specifically keeps you abreast of the patches and rpm updates that Oracle thinks you should have for the purpose of running Oracle technology plus any security/bugfixes, etc. for the rest of what you decide to install and register back with Oracle. Please see Oracle's official stuff online for the exact details and take what I've written here as extreme approximation and shorthand not for legal reliance.

Even if you are happily a Redhat support shop, getting up2date notification for one server is a value not to be ignored.

Regards,

mwf