From: Martin Bach <>
Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2009 15:47:23 +0000

Dear list members,

I have recently migrated a database from SPARC to on Linux*.

On my end, the data went in fine (I can only recommend impdp and a low latency/high throughput network_link :), but some code doesn't compile because it references ORDSYS.ORDWEBUTL.

This puzzles me a bit - I could of course use dbms_metadata.get_ddl to get the package and all the tables it references from the source database but I was startled that I couldn't find any reference to it on metalink or

I found reference to the package in Oracle 8.1.5 and it's supposedly in _at_$ORACLE_HOME/ord/web/admin/ordwebutl.sql. Unfortunately, this files neither exists on my system, nor the source.

Can anyone shed some light on the history of that package? My best guess is that it's a legacy from 8i which has always been migrated up to 10.1.