RE: partation, table and tablespaces

From: Michael Fontana <mfontana_at_enkitec.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2008 08:47:57 -0600 (CST)

>From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org

[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Subodh Deshpande

>is it possible to create a single table with partations in different
tablespaces,

Yes.

>as per my understanding other IOT we can not assign multiple tablespaces
for a single partationed table.

Does IOT in this case mean Index-Organized Table? Are you meaning to tell us you wish to partition an IOT? I know of no restrictions in so doing.

>e.g requirement is -- a is table will have a1,a2,a3 partations in aa1,
aa2, aa3 tablesapces

This can certainly be done, but why not elaborate as to why it is a "requirement". There's always a business reason of some kind for everything we do, but I've never seen one that would pertain to tablespace locations.