Re: Simple insert - 36,000 physical reads

From: Stefan Knecht <>
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2008 10:06:25 +0100

If you grab the SQL and run it yourself in a session manually (using autotrace or sql trace) do you see the same effect ?

For things like this a SQL trace would also reveal where the IO takes place (file#, block#) and any recursive sql occurring through triggers, vpd, or whatever else there might be.

Stefan P Knecht
Senior Consultant
Systems Engineering

Seestrasse 97