RE: Large sys.aud$

From: Crisler, Jon <Jon.Crisler_at_usi.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2008 18:53:50 -0500

I just did the simple thing and select from sys.aud$ and insert into another table in another tablespace. Also, delete from the copy table based on date, then delete from sys.aud$ based on the same date criteria as the first step.

You could combine the first insert step with adding the host name and database name into additional columns. Later, if you have a central database, it would be easy to reach into it via dblink and extract/combine all databases.

Using dbms_metadata (or similar function in Toad etc), try to extract all the views on sys.aud$ and then modify them for the new repository with the additional columns and new view names.