Large sys.aud$

From: Terrian, Thomas J Mr CTR DLA J6DIB <>
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2008 07:32:33 -0500

All, we have a requirement to keep 1 year worth of audit records. I am kicking around the idea of hourly moving all of the sys.aud$ records from each production database to a central database. That way it would keep sys.aud$ small for each database.

However, this will have its own set of complications......I would have to build new dba_audit views on the central database (in order to have a database name field), what happens when the structure of sys.aud$ changes between database versions, etc.

Has anyone tackled something like this already?

Another option would be to forget about the repository database idea .....instead hold 1 months worth of data online for each database and storing the other 11 months offline somewhere (maybe use RMAN for this?).

Again, any ideas?........

Tom Terrian