Re: making graphical reports from oracle metrics

From: Prem Khanna J <jpremhere_at_yahoo.co.in>
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2008 17:14:53 +0530 (IST)

Hi Nuno , we have been doing that copy/paste to excel manually so long ..... It is painful and takes time .... so we would like to automate it as far as possible ....

Possibly .... sometime later we will have everything on grid control ... but till then we need to have some smart tool in place which would help us save time and labor ...

  • prem -
    • From: Nuno Souto <dbvision_at_xxxxxxxxxxxx>
    • Date: Mon, 01 Dec 2008 21:22:05 +1100

Simple Excel comes to mind as an option.

Prem Khanna J wrote,on my timestamp of 1/12/2008 7:36 PM:

Friends, I was looking for a tool that would convert my oracle storage/performance metrics into a neat graphical report. And I stumbled upon tools like RRDTOOL/ORCA/GNUPLOT ... I would like to hear your expert suggestions :

  1. Which is the one that works best with oracle (I mean sqlplus and stuff)
  2. Does anyone have a simple example for configuring RRDTOOL ? That would be of great help :)