Auditing Question -10gr2

From: Newman, Christopher <cjnewman_at_uillinois.edu>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2008 14:29:21 -0600

Recently, we discovered that newly created accounts were not being audited. This was in a test database that was recreated nightly from production, then auditing turned on (audit all;), then the users created.

Am I missing something, or are users created *after* auditing has been enabled not audited? The data in the auditing trail prior to moving the user create to before auditing is enabled, consists solely of logon/logoff and selects on objects in their own schemas (specifically, MSYSCONF, which I believe is a local table for MS Access). I've tested this by executing an 'audit all;' after user creation, then having the user login and select from a different table, and this shows up.

Thanks in advance - Chris