Re: Killed session

From: <>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 12:39:34 -0500

Thanks Bradd,

I will check that.

"Bradd Piontek" <>
Sent by:
Nov 12 2008 12:36 PM
Please respond to

Mayen Shah/ITS/Lazard_at_Lazard NYC
Re: Killed session

I have seen a very similar issue on , Solaris 8, and it was a bug that we had to patch for.

Check metalink Bug #6279479 "Index Rollback taking too long to complete/hang" . I'm not sure if this is your issue, but it may be. Unfortunately, the only way we had of clearing it was to shutdown the database.

Bradd Piontek
  "Next to doing a good job yourself,

        the greatest joy is in having someone
        else do a first-class job under your
  • William Feather

On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 8:24 AM, <> wrote:

Hi Listers,

Oracle on Solaris 9

In one of my production database session was long running. Session was killed last night. Since then session is marked as KILLED in v$session. This killed session is holding locks on few tables and causing further problems.

USED_UBLK in v$transaction is constant at 287 since late last night.

I identified unix process and killed at os level two hours ago, still session would not go away. (os process is gone already)

What else should I be looking at? How do I get rid of KILLED session?

I do not have luxury to recycle database.

Your help is greatly appreciated.