RE: shared storage solution

From: Matthew Zito <>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2008 18:06:47 -0400

This is all true - for what it's worth, the closest you'll come to cheap is low-end iSCSI storage from Dell/Equalogic or Dell/EMC or perhaps one of the really low-end NetApps, or look at HP/LeftHand Networks. Don't waste your money on a SAN.

[] On Behalf Of Martin Berger Sent: Tuesday, October 28, 2008 4:52 PM
Subject: Re: shared storage solution

RAC and CHEAP create a great collision!

If you use RAC either for HA or for scaling, you are in regions where CHEAP will not fit.

So why not save the (little) money for a non-RAC, but rock solid solution?

What's your goal behind the idea?

(I don't want to offend you, I just have to fight the 'cheak' ideas of my management too often)

Martin Berger

	I am planning a cheap RAC solution based on Red hat Enterprise 4
Linux (or oracle unbreakable Linux) .

        I get some hints from Jeff Hunter's storage solution, but i am not sure if it a stable one, and also the performance?

        Do anyone else implement such kind of "cheap" RAC setup with a very nice storage solution?

        What is your concern while you choose it ?