Re: Memory issue with Oracle 10g database on Sun Server T5140 with Solaris 10

From: Bradd Piontek <>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2008 16:10:11 -0500

Both those servers are T1 chipsets. I believe they came out 3 years ago or. The reason for the pricing, from my research, was that there weren't many multi-core chips out at the time, and to give Sun a fair pricing schema, they gave the .25/core pricing on it. When the T2 chip came out, quad cores were prevalent. All my research shows the T2 to be .75/core

Bradd Piontek
  "Next to doing a good job yourself,

        the greatest joy is in having someone
        else do a first-class job under your