Re: sparse temp files

From: Hemant K Chitale <>
Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2008 00:58:11 +0800

Create tablespace dummy_tbs datafile '/u01/oradata/MYDB/temp01.dbf' size 2000M;

Drop Tablespace dummy_tbs;
(do NOT add the "including contents and datafiles")

Create temporary tablespace temp tempfile '/u01/oradata/MYDB/temp01.dbf' REUSE;

Hemant K Chitale

At 12:41 AM Saturday, Joe Smith wrote:
>How do you create temporary files as non-sparse files in oracle?
>I thought there was a note on metalink about this, but I can't find it now.

Hemant K Chitale

"A 'No' uttered from the deepest conviction is better than a 'Yes' merely uttered to please, or worse, to avoid trouble." Mohandas Gandhi Quotes