Re: Hugepages - benefits / drawbacks

From: Roman Podshivalov <roman.podshivalov_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2008 16:30:56 -0400

With default setting of _use_ism_for_pga set to TRUE - no changes in shared memory segments (pmap -s/pmap -x) were observed during sorting operation. Speaking of mmap/brk calls - no such calls happened _during the sort_ according to truss output. Looks like PGA is not using ISM despite the underscore parameter 8-). Oracle 10.2.0.3, Solaris 10.

--romas