Re: URL Change in Grid Control

From: Bill Ferguson <wbfergus_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2008 13:20:00 -0600

I had to do it once about 8 months back, but I forget which Metalink doc it was that gave me directions.

One of the Oracle servers I have is on Active Directory, and the other two aren't. The other two installed fine without problems (db_domain, etc. for global naming). The one on active Directory automatically grabbed all that type of information straigh from AD and never asked be about it.

In our envirnment, with those 'automatic' defaults, I couldn't connect to the database. So, after finding the magical document on Metalink, I was able to successfully de-install the existing information and re-configure it with the correct information, but it was a total pain in the you-know-what to find the document and get the reconfiguration done.