Re: veritas

From: Finn Jorgensen <finn.oracledba_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2008 14:08:39 -0400

If you are just starting out with Oracle and VCS there are many different ways of doing things. We have every database in it's own resource group along with the listener and the mount point for the data files. ORACLE_HOME's are installed separately on each node in the cluster in the asme location. TNS_ADMIN also points to a local location on each node outside the ORACLE_HOME. This is only one option of how to do things. Some locations put all databases into one resource group and fail them all together. Some locations put the oracle software under VCS control as well so that swings with the resource group. It all depends on your specific needs.

Make sure users, groups and kernel parameters are in sync and that filesystem/directory permissions are set correctly so the failover doesn't fail.

Good luck.

Finn

We are on Sun servers and multiple oracle versions with veritas clustering