Re: Redirect the report output to BLOB column in oracle database table.

From: Jared Still <>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2008 12:22:00 -0700

On Mon, Sep 15, 2008 at 2:42 PM, Krishan Gupta <>wrote:

> Has anyone tried to run the oracle report from PL/SQL and store the
> report output in PDF format in a BLOB database column. Any insight,
> input please..,

Have you looked at ?

My experience with generating PDF from Oracle is limited to Perl. (what else :)

Generating PDF's is a non-trivial exercise. The Perl module I used was created by someone else, and I wouldn't want to attempt that from scratch.

Even with a library, generating PDF documents is not very straight forward.

The plpdf product is $600 per database, with a free, but limited, eval version.

Might be worth checking out.

Jared Still