DATAGUARD and RAC

From: steve montgomerie <stmontgo_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 16:15:22 -0400

Hello,
We're using OEL 4.5 with 10.2.0.4 in a 4 node primary / single node standby config.

I'm trying to place nice with GRID control but it's not working! I create a copy of the db
using the DG interface in GRID, FTP to the new location and then use the GRID to
add a physical standby using the backup copy I just took. It rolls right along, restoring files
and when gets close to the end it fails on 'create standby' throwing

Error:	  ORA-16532  (ORA-16532)
Text:	  Data Guard broker configuration does not exist

it looks to me that it creates the dg config on one node and does not for the the remaining three nodes on the primary.

I have a SR open - just holding out hope that someone might have run in to this before.

steve