Re: Measuring the impact of Redo Log change

From: Syed Jaffar Hussain <sjaffarhussain_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2008 10:32:27 +0300

We have seen significant improvements when we enable CIO option of the JFS2 filesystem where redo logs resides.If you are on JFS2 filesystem, I would recommend you to have a try with CIO option enable on this filesystem (where redo logs resides).

Regards,

Jaffar

--
Best Regards,

Syed Jaffar Hussain
Oracle ACE
8i,9i & 10g OCP DBA
RAC Certified Expert

Official Oracle RAC SIG Representative for Saudi Arabian region (
http://www.oracleracsig.org/)
http://jaffardba.blogspot.com/
http://apex.oracle.com/pls/otn/f?p=19297:4:1579866181463918::NO:4:P4_ID:126
"Winners don't do different things. They do things differently."