Re: Primary gets ora-16009 when attempting a heartbeat with standby

From: Charles Schultz <sacrophyte_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2008 08:39:52 -0500

Romas, great question.

Looking back at the sequence of events, it does appear that the DNS configuration was such that the primary was trying to ship logs to itself for about 5 minutes after the last switchover. However, after that was corrected, the configuration ran without a hitch until the standby was restarted a few weeks later.

--
Charles Schultz