Re: Tracking down NOLOGGING objects

From: Andrey.Kriushin <Andrey.Kriushin_at_rdtex.ru>
Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2008 03:58:55 +0400

Hi Finn,

Mark's comment on feasubility is complete. Nothing to add.

However for pure theoretical investigation... At least we know now, that Oracle RDBMS doesn't keep a track of NOLOGGING operations at the segment level. Does it?

I'd look at the definition of GV$SEGMENT_STATISTICS and x$ksolsfts. This x$-table keeps the runtime statistics (FTS_STATNAM), and if you see 'physical writes direct' there, it might be (or not - in case of PQO) an indication of direct load, probably with the NOLOGGING.

BTW, it would be nice to see the version of the product (RDBMS) in your future posts.

HTH,
-- Andrey