RE: 10046 trace.. bind question

From: freek D'Hooge <>
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2008 23:27:26 +0200

The reason I mentioned the implicit conversion thing was not related the original query, but because I once had a case where the developers used a nvarchar2 datatype in their code instead of a varchar2, resulting in full table scans instead of index access. Took a while before we found out what happened.

Freek D'Hooge
Oracle Database Administrator
tel +32(0)3 451 23 82