RE: 10046 trace.. bind question

From: Ric Van Dyke <ric.van.dyke_at_hotsos.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2008 10:22:53 -0500

Roger that on the nvarchr2 or varchar2, like you I have seen the "n" data types don't get a value printed in the trace so I figured that the data is being interpreted as a varchar2 not an nvarchar2.

It would be interesting to see the SQL, the explain plan and the stat lines of the SQL being run, it may well be that a data type conversion is taking place, although it seems odd since Oracle by default always converts the SRTING type (varchar2 in this case) to a NUMBER and not a NUMBER to a STRING. So I don't think this is an implicit conversion. But with out the code we are guessing.

  • Ric