RE: Odd virtual column error

From: <Michael.Coll-Barth_at_VerizonWireless.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2008 10:40:38 -0400

::Applause:: Now to convince those around me.

However, how do you feel about char(1) vs varchar2(1)? <--- size of one byte.

And, what overhead, if any, is there in having a varchar2 column defined as a much bigger field that you think you will ever need? Too many times have I seen requests for varchar2(10) to varchar2(12) only to see it expanded again at a later date. Why not make it varchar2(40)?

The information contained in this message and any attachment may be proprietary, confidential, and privileged or subject to the work product doctrine and thus protected from disclosure. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify me immediately by replying to this message and deleting it and all copies and backups thereof. Thank you.