RE: ORA-12505

From: Bobak, Mark <Mark.Bobak_at_proquest.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2008 17:05:06 -0400

Well, since the problem is restricted to BEA Weblogic, and is intermittent, first thing I'd do is look at the local tnsnames.ora file on your Weblogic server. I assume you have a load balancing connect string, since you're running RAC. If so, are you sure there are no errors? Between client side and server side load balancing, an error where one host/port/service_name in a load balancing connect string is incorrect, and you may not see it immediately, and it could cause intermittent errors like you're reporting....

Just a thought....

-Mark

--

Mark J. Bobak
Senior Database Administrator, System & Product Technologies ProQuest

ProQuest...Start here.

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of A Ebadi Sent: Monday, August 11, 2008 3:57 PM
To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: ORA-12505

We are getting ORA-12505 (TNS:listener does not currently know of SID given in connect descriptor) only on BEA Weblogic connections! We are getting this error only once in a while and are not able to reproduce it via sqlplus/toad/other clients. Any suggestions?

Environment: 3-node Oracle RAC (10.2.0.3.0 on Solaris 10 w/ASM).

Thanks,
Abdul

--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Mon Aug 11 2008 - 16:05:06 CDT