RMAN and Oracle Std Edition

From: mkb <mkb125_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2008 09:16:09 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

Is anyone using Oracle Std Edition 10gR2 and RMAN? I'm trying to figure out what limitations their are with this setup. I know with the EE edition that I can backup directly to tape but I've been told this is not the case with SE.

My thoughts are that I'd have to do something like this first:

# Backup to disk first...

CONFIGURE DEVICE TYPE DISK BACKUP TYPE TO COPY; CONFIGURE CHANNEL DEVICE TYPE DISK FORMAT '/...../....'; BACKUP device type disk datafile 1,.....n;

# Then backup to tape, like this:

CONFIGURE CHANNEL DEVICE TYPE 'SBT_TAPE' PARMS '......'; BACKUP device type SBT BACKUPSET ALL;

If you do have SE and are using RMAN, how are you doing your backups?

--
mohammed