Re: shutdown immediate

From: Fuad Arshad <>
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2008 14:40:42 -0700 (PDT)

This could normally be due to long running transactions v$transaction and v$undostat as well as v$session could have helped you determine if you are licenses for awe you can check that for more info

On Jul 25, 2008, at 2:32 PM, <> wrote:

I am trying to shutdown immediate a database ( Normally it takes couple of minutes. this time it has been running for about 25 min. When I look at the alert.log, I see already 4 log switches ( I have 3 logfile groups) and I wonder what could be the reason it is taking such a long time. I also don't remember seeing all the logswitches
after the shutdown immediate.

Would appreciate any thoughts

thank you

Gene Gurevich