data masking

From: David Boyd <davidb158_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2008 10:34:48 -0400

We need ship an entire schema to another site. Some data is sensitive, which we'd like to mask with substitution. Our requirements are: 1. Table-Table Data Synchronization A column is a join key to a column in one (or more) other tables. This means data masked in one table must have synchronized data changes in a number of others. For example, changes to the EMPLOYEE_NUMBER column in one table must trigger identical changes in other tables. 2. Consistent Masking
We have to ensure that the output is consistent across multiple runs. In practice this means that if the name of employee Joe Smith gets changed to Bill Jones then the next time the database is cloned and sanitized Joe Smith should again appear as Bill Jones.

I wonder if there some existing scripts that I can download to do this. If not, could someone recommend a good tool?

Dave

Keep your kids safer online with Windows Live Family Safety. http://www.windowslive.com/family_safety/overview.html?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_family_safety_072008