Re: Installation of Oracle client for end users

From: <>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 11:56:27 -0400

I do both. For most applications I have windows client on shared drive. For few end users/developers, I have client installed on individual PCs.

"Jeffrey Beckstrom" <>
Sent by:
Jul 22 2008 11:45 AM
Please respond to

"oracle-l-freelists" <>, "oracle-db-l"

Installation of Oracle client for end users

Question, how are you rolling out the Oracle client software for your windows end-users.

Are you installing the client software on the local PC and if so how?

Are you running the client software from a shared networked drive?

Jeffrey Beckstrom
Database Administrator
Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority 1240 W. 6th Street
Cleveland, Ohio 44113