Patch Impact analysis using Patch Wizard in OAM

From: Ravi Madabhushanam <ravi.madabhushanam_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2008 09:26:45 +0530

Hi All,

Can someone please share their experience on the patch impact analysis feature present in Patch Wizad of OAM. We have been trying to analyze the impact of a given patch on the DB objects ( may packages/views/triggers etc..) Patch Impact analysis is giving me the information of the list of files it is going to change as a direct impact. As indirect impact it can provide us the details of JSP's & Menu information along with Java diagnostic tests. But nowhere it mentions about the db objects that are affected.

Is this a feature that is not present at all as of now or something that i'm not finding.

Any response would be of great help.

Thanks,
Ravi.M