Re: Sticky bit set on linux password file

From: Tim Gorman <tim_at_evdbt.com>
Date: Tue, 01 Jul 2008 14:05:50 -0600

It could just be a clumsy way of signaling to some outside program that the database has been mounted by an instance. I used to write scripts that looked for the "sgadef_$ORACLE_SID.dbf" file in the "$ORACLE_HOME/dbs" directory, for example...

...just an idea?...

Gotta remember that the Oracle RDBMS is the product of combined effort by a huge range of people, some of whom are likely to be ... ahem ... a little idiosyncratic... perhaps? Some of you who were Oracle employees back in the early- to mid-1990s might remember the hard-copy employee phone book for Oracle, which had an entry for "Lastnm=Clinton, Firstnm=Bill, email=DONT_INHALE"? Now, that's special...

Quoting TESTAJ3_at_nationwide.com: