Re: Sticky bit set on linux password file

From: Kurt Franke <Kurt-Franke_at_web.de>
Date: Tue, 01 Jul 2008 21:11:58 +0200

Hi Jared,

its just for Security.

On System where chown is allowed for everey user for security reasons the setuid-Bit is always deleted if a file is chowned. Thus if a set setuid-Bit is desired for the Password File by the Oracle Server and its use is refused otherwise no one but root can make a password file gift to the oracle unix user.

Regards

kf

While going through an annual sarbox task I noticed that on Linux (