Grid Control communication to target in DMZ through SSH tunnel

From: Koivu, Lisa <Lisa.Koivu_at_starwoodvo.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2008 10:21:41 -0400

Hello all,

Grid Control 10.2.0.4, Agent in DMZ 10.2.0.4, Solaris 10

I read through the awful, unorganized, repetitive and confusing documentation regarding configuring communication through a firewall to reach a target in the DMZ. It states that you must use a proxy server to communicate from the target back to the management service.

Well, I don't have a proxy server available for that purpose. Has anyone successfully set up communication for this purpose via ssh tunnel?

Thanks

Lisa Koivu

Oracle Database Administrator

desk: 407-903-4691

cell: 954-683-4459

This electronic message transmission contains information from the Company that may be proprietary, confidential and/or privileged. The information is intended only for the use of the individual(s) or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure, copying or distribution or use of the contents of this information is prohibited. If you have received this electronic transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately by replying to the address listed in the "From:" field.