RE: problem installing sun package for 10gR2

From: Goulet, Dick <richard.goulet_at_capgemini.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2008 13:43:13 -0400

Sounds to me like there is a dependency on one of morer other patches not included in the patch your trying to add. Sounds like time to RTFM.

Dick Goulet / Capgemini
North America P&C / East Business Unit
Senior Oracle DBA / Hosting
Office: 508.573.1978 / Mobile: 508.742.5795 / www.capgemini.com Fax: 508.229.2019 / Email: richard.goulet_at_capgemini.com 45 Bartlett St. / Marlborough, MA 01752

Together: the Collaborative Business Experience

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Ahmed kdnl Sent: Thursday, May 29, 2008 4:03 AM
To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: problem installing sun package for 10gR2

Hi all

As 10gR2 pre installation tasks we need to have installed sun patch 112003-03.

We are in release : Solaris 8 2/04

When I am trying to install 112003-03 ,I get the message like below

.

Checking installed patches...
One or more patch packages included in
112003-03 are not installed on this system.

Patchadd is terminating.

.

So finaly patch is not installed.

Any one faced this problem in your site ? Please reply on this

Thanks in advance

Ahmed