Re: create table and create index monitor or nomonitor deprecated in 10g?

From: Yong Huang <yong321_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2008 09:17:59 -0700 (PDT)

Lizz,

In addition to what others said, here's what I wrote about statistics_level and the parameters controlled by it. Critique is welcome.

Modification Monitoring: _dml_monitoring_enabled This 10g param allows you to do what you used to be able to do in 9i with alter table (no)monitoring, but not at table level any more; it's system wide either all monitoring or all nomonitoring. But I think it¡¯s still better to disable this parameter and leave statistics_level to typical than set statistics_level to basic when you want to disable table monitoring. Documentation writers must have a dilemma, though; they probably wish the first underscore were dropped.

Yong Huang