Re: create table and create index monitor or nomonitor deprecated in 10g?

From: Jared Still <>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2008 10:22:18 -0700

On Fri, May 30, 2008 at 9:17 AM, Yong Huang <> wrote:

> Modification Monitoring: _dml_monitoring_enabled
> This 10g param allows you to do what you used to be able to do in 9i with
> alter
> table (no)monitoring, but not at table level any more; it's system wide
> either
> all monitoring or all nomonitoring. But I think ití»s still better to
> disable
> this parameter and leave statistics_level to typical than set
> statistics_level
> to basic when you want to disable table monitoring. Documentation writers
> must
> have a dilemma, though; they probably wish the first underscore were
> dropped.

There's at least one exception.

If you are stuck on (not allowed to upgrade) then you best not use ASMM, and have statistics_level = basic, as well as db_cache_advice=off.

While benchmarking a database a nasty performance bug appeared.

See ML 5918631.8 and 3452409.8 regarding waits on 'simulator lru latch'

Jared Still