RE: GLOBAL_NAMES parameter for streams

From: <krish.hariharan_at_quasardb.com>
Date: Sat, 24 May 2008 00:31:33 -0600

I wasn't aware of the requirement that this has to be true. I am running streams or testing it with it false but with the db links matching the target database's global name. I cannot set global_names to true as there are other links in the database that do not conform.

If the duty manager stated that, then I would ask for a metalink or Oracle Documentation reference that states that (I would be interested in your discovery as well). BTW, in my case the set up works just fine, which I guess is not the point of this email.

-Krish