RE: Win32 Patch Hosed?

From: Jacques Kilchoer <>
Date: Fri, 23 May 2008 10:04:16 -0700

Thank you Paul. I did see that at technet. But the client machine is Windows XP Professional. I imagine that the Vista client installation is not officially supported on XP Professional. Do you know any different? I couldn't find a client installation for XP. I am trying to prevent some ORA-24909 (call in progress. Current operation cancelled ) errors that we see on and client and I was told by another user that the errors disappeared with the patch. I don't want to patch a client to, see the errors, and then go patch again to - I figure I will just go to directly.

De : Paul Drake [] Envoyé : jeudi, 22. mai 2008 17:27
À : Jacques Kilchoer
Cc : oracle-l
Objet : Re: Win32 Patch Hosed?

On Thu, May 22, 2008 at 6:35 PM, Jacques Kilchoer <<>> wrote: I downloaded it yesterday (Wednesday 21 May 2008) and all the patch files seemed to be present in the archive. I used Winzip to extract the files. I did have one issue but I'm sure it's unrelated to your issue - when I used the right-click option to open the .zip file, Winzip "froze", but when I ran Winzip from the Start Menu and then opened the file, Winzip successfully opened the file.

What bugs me is that I had to download the whole thing just to update the<> client on my client machine. Why don't they make a<> client installer?

There is a release downloadble from OTN that is labeled Oracle 10g R2 Client for MS Vista that has the<> patchset built into it. If you don't *need* the fixes in<>, that might be sufficient.