logical corruption

From: <Mayen.Shah_at_lazard.com>
Date: Fri, 23 May 2008 13:24:25 -0400

Hi List,

env: Oracle Solaris 9

v$database_block_corruption reported logical corruption for three datafiles.
I ran "backup check logical validate database" which completed without any error.
dbv also reported corruption for all three datafiles. I did not set maxcorrupt in RMAN so I assume it is set to default 0 (Is there any way to check this setting?)
Last night RMAN full backup completed without any error. When I checked, corrupted blocks does not belong to any segment in two tablespaces to which these three files belong. (I used dbs_extents to map corrupted block to segment)

This is production database so I am concerned.

  1. Why "rman backup check logical validate database" does not report any error?
  2. What are my options? I assume these blocks are marked as soft corrupt. Is there any way to repair/reclaim them?
  3. Am I correct to assume that if I do not do any thing these blocks will not be used ever and will not cause any issue in future?

Your valuable guidance is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.