Getting error ORA-00904 invalid identified

From: Sandra Becker <sbecker6925_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 21 May 2008 10:06:01 -0600

SLES10, Oracle 10.2.0.3 on IBMz9, app server is Dell RHEL4, 9i client (32 bit server), report server Windows/SQL Server 2000

We are trying to test our application against a production size 10g database. The actual production database is still 9i and will NOT be upgraded to 10g. Most of the application works very well. We do have some reports that are throwing the ORA-00904 invalid identifier error and I haven't been able to find anything on MetaLink that is of any value yet. I did just find out that the reports are running on a Windows server pulling the data into SQL Server and doing the processing there before returning the results back to the application.

Does anyone have any suggestions where I can look for this? The developer who manages the Windows/SQL Server side of things insists it's the 10g database and not his side of the house and I have no way to prove/disprove his assertion.

Thanks for any help/suggestions.

Sandy