Re: grant select command so slow

From: Finn Jorgensen <finn.oracledba_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2008 14:40:04 -0400

All good suggestions to only grant to new objects.

To address the original question, I have also seen a database where the grants (and a lot of other DBA stuff) were slow. It turned out that instance had all kinds of junk installed that wasn't used like UltraSearch and some old EM stuff and whatnot. Many of these things generated jobs that were running more or less constantly. After deinstalling these components the database sped up considerable.

Check your jobs.

Thanks,
Finn