Re: grant select command so slow

From: Hemant K Chitale <hkchital_at_singnet.com.sg>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2008 22:59:02 +0800

Rather than running the grant script for all objects, just run grants for newly created tables every day OR , if tables are created manually through a migration process, include the grants in that process itself.

Hemant K Chitale-

At 02:48 AM Thursday, Joan Hsieh wrote:
>Hi list,
>
>I have created a role with just select privilege on all sysadm
>objects. The script run very fast at first time. Since there maybe
>new tables created in the prod. So I cron the script, run it every
>night. Now the script ran so slow, each grant statement at least
>took 2 to 3 seconds. So it never finished to run in one day.
>(totally had more than 49000 tables and views). The system is not
>loaded, most time is just this session is active. The other function
>seems normal, users didn't complain for their activities. Do you
>know any reason why the "grant select on syadm.xxxx to role" run so slow?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Joan
>

>--
>http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l

http://hemantoracledba.blogspot.com

"A 'No' uttered from the deepest conviction is better than a 'Yes' merely uttered to please, or worse, to avoid trouble." Mohandas Gandhi Quotes
: http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/m/mohandas_gandhi.html