Re: local naming vs directory naming

From: Kevin Lidh <kevin.lidh_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 08 May 2008 10:20:08 -0600

We use OID in my organization. In your $ORACLE_HOME/network/admin directory, you'll have an ldap.ora file that will tell the customer where the server is. We have a few hundred databases in ours but once you set it up, I think it's easier to manage than a shared tnsnames.ora file. Plus you can set up failover, redundancy, etc.